Thursday, December 8, 2011

A trip to Waiheke

Today I got on a ferry to Waiheke Island. It's a narrow island about 35 km long. The island has many beaches, hills, and  vineyards. I went on a guided bus ride for about 90 minutes, then I got off at the main village Oneroa and spent  a couple of hours on Oneroa beach that is right beneath the village. A beautiful place! The beach is very long, and at one side there are really cool rock formations (my favorite part…). This was the first time I got my feet into the ocean  :) A very nice feeling, even though it was a bit cold… Unfortunately I didn't have time to visit a vineyard.

While walking back up Queen Street in Auckland, I saw some more weird stuff (see yesterdays post). This time it was three giant seagulls… Too bad I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Who knows what I could have seen otherwise?

The destination for tomorrow is Paihia in Bay of Islands. a 4-5 hour bus ride. I expect to see even more beaches and nice islands up there.





1 comment:

  1. The last picture is hillarious! I will share it with the others here in the office today.

    ReplyDelete